Join a Study
We’re now recruiting for Y2TEC, which is a study on providing mental health and substance use services for youth (18-29) living with HIV. It’s a 30-minute survey about mental health, substance use, mobility, food insecurity, etc. (we provide a $40 Amazon e-gift card) and a 1-hour individual interview to discuss these resources in depth (for $60 in cash). Participants additionally can earn $10 for each person they refer who ends up participating!
For more information, call/text: 415-638-2563 or email: Y2TEC@ucsf.edu
For service providers
After two years of work focused on HIV prevention in California, the Center of Excellence is expanding the scope of breadth of our work. We are now the Center of Excellence for Transgender Health. Our expanded mission builds on our strengths in capacity building, formative research, training, and community mobilization. In addition to the many resources on our website, we offer FREE trainings and consultations in Spanish and in English:
- Professional intermediate-level and advanced-level trainings that we create, implement, and evaluate are tailored to your specific organizational and health provider needs. These trainings may range in length from 2 hours to 2 days.
- Consultations or technical assistance to enhance programming, build capacity, and better conduct effective research and interventions are offered for health professionals serving trans people throughout California. Our consultations may be conducted in person, by phone, or by email.
- Contact JoAnne Keatley at (415) 476-6146 or email JoAnne.Keatley@ucsf.edu.
The MPowerment Project is currently being replicated across the U.S. Please visit the MPowerment website to learn more about the most appropriate materials and services for your organization.
- Please email email@example.com or phone 415-476-6428.
The Transitions Project provides capacity building and technical assistance to community-based organizations and health departments throughout the U.S. to promote knowledgeable, sensitive, and effective HIV/AIDS prevention for transgender communities of color and HIV+ transgender people.
- Call Danielle Castro at 415-476-6151 or email Danielle.Castro@ucsf.edu