- Co-Director, Global Response Core
Fax: (415) 597-9213
Dr. Jeffrey Mandel has been Co-Director of the CAPS International Program since 1994. He is a social-clinical psychologist with a background in health administration. Dr. Mandel has been involved in AIDS behavioral research and clinical care since 1981 and was awarded one of the first NIMH AIDS behavioral research grants in 1983. In 1987, he was awarded the Hedda Bolgar Achievement Award honoring professional achievement in social-clinical psychology. He has lectured internationally on the psychosocial impact of HIV/AIDS, and consulted on AIDS-related research and training programs in Asia, Latin America, Africa, and Eastern Europe.
Educational and behavioral interventions to prevent HIV/AIDS in the developing world, HIV counseling and testing in the developing world.
- International Core - CAPS
- International Traineeship in AIDS Prevention Studies (ITAPS)
- Brazilian Scientists ICOHRTA Program
• 1985, PhD, (Social-Clinical Psychology), Wright Institute, Los Angeles, CA
• 1971, MPH, (Health Administration), University of California Los Angeles, CA
• 1970, BA, (Biology/Psychology), University of Rochester, NY
Last modified: September 19, 2012